Monday, May 24, 2010

Napa Valley

I apologize for the missed week of blogging!  I have been traveling, but have been seeking inspiration while doing so - and where better to get inspired than in Yountville, in beautiful Napa Valley, while sipping and tasting wine!

Bill, my husband, and I went to Napa Valley for a wedding celebration and made it in to a much-needed romantic weekend.  But while I promised myself, and him, that I would not even think about work, it's hard to not be inspired by such beautiful surroundings!

We spent an amazing afternoon doing some wine tasting at a place called Ma(i)sonry, which considers itself a "life aesthetic" and "living gallery".  You taste their rotating collection of wines while sitting amidst antiques, beautiful sculptures, and contemporary art and furniture.  For instance, we sat in a pair of 1970s Parisian leather and chrome lounge chairs while sipping our glasses and munching on cheese and nuts.  You can see a lot of what they were displaying here on 1st Dibs.  Their mission is completely in line with how I view interior design - as a living, functional work of art.

To give you a sense of how they set their space up, below are some pictures.  Apologies for the poor quality, they were taken on my Blackberry, as I had to return my newly-purchased camera.








Outdoor Tasting Table (by Hudson Furniture)



Gallery/Tasting Room



Indoor Tasting Room



No comments:

Post a Comment